Finally ....Rwanda!!
Anyone who has known me for sometime (for say the past 5 or so years) has known that I have always had an obsession with Rwanda (something about the men and the basketball- yes it must be the basketball...).
So I am finally here. But as life would have it, I have not been sight seeing or sipping pina colada.
No. I have spent my days in a cold server room and averaging 3/4 hours of sleep each night.
Here is a small FAQ I come up with (not in any order)
1) Are the men really handsome?
Well, IMHO, YES!! However, its not 100% of the population. In the well to do areas, the number of good looking men increases exponentially.
Yes, I have had near death experiences while crossing the road... (though that may have to do with the fact that they drive on the right side of the road)
2) What to they eat?
The restaurants we have been to offer buffet (see me in person for the reason for this).
Boiled foods seem to be a favourite among the locals yuck!
3)How are the brothers and sisters?
Very warm. At my first meeting - which happened to be in French, the sister next to me translated the whole talk!
Very very kind.
For all the single sisters out there, there are more brothers than sisters - at least thats what I have seen.
4) How do they view Kenya?
They all believe that Kenya is really insecure. Compared to Kigali , it is. Over here, you can walk in the streets at any time of the night, you even see people carrying money overflowing in bags and no one steals from them. Any thief that is caught is shot on sight, so that probably explains it. They are courteous. I dont miss rude Nairobians!
I will add more questions when I get time or when I remember.
Without further ado, here are photos!!
I will post more photos soon!
P.S
The layout is a bit untidy but am sure it wont stop you from enjoying!

1) Me - working

2) The coffee shop where we eat lunch - they have a great buffet!! Lunch is 2000 Francs (divide by 7.5 to get in Ksh)Its my only good meal each day because the hotel serves boiled food and awful breakfast and did I tell you they serve tea with powder milk (NIDO) , infact the brand NIDO is synonymous with milk. (things we take for granted) Restaurants rarely serve milk from cows. That doesn't sound right...

3) Hilly city

4)The hotel (motel) - City Valley




5)
10 o'clock tea
6 & 7) 10 o'clock photo shoot (In Rwanda, people hug even after seeing you after 3 hours so I guess my colleague had adapted
8) Me again
9) My colleague - dazed...
So I am finally here. But as life would have it, I have not been sight seeing or sipping pina colada.
No. I have spent my days in a cold server room and averaging 3/4 hours of sleep each night.
Here is a small FAQ I come up with (not in any order)
1) Are the men really handsome?
Well, IMHO, YES!! However, its not 100% of the population. In the well to do areas, the number of good looking men increases exponentially.
Yes, I have had near death experiences while crossing the road... (though that may have to do with the fact that they drive on the right side of the road)
2) What to they eat?
The restaurants we have been to offer buffet (see me in person for the reason for this).
Boiled foods seem to be a favourite among the locals yuck!
3)How are the brothers and sisters?
Very warm. At my first meeting - which happened to be in French, the sister next to me translated the whole talk!
Very very kind.
For all the single sisters out there, there are more brothers than sisters - at least thats what I have seen.
4) How do they view Kenya?
They all believe that Kenya is really insecure. Compared to Kigali , it is. Over here, you can walk in the streets at any time of the night, you even see people carrying money overflowing in bags and no one steals from them. Any thief that is caught is shot on sight, so that probably explains it. They are courteous. I dont miss rude Nairobians!
I will add more questions when I get time or when I remember.
Without further ado, here are photos!!
I will post more photos soon!
P.S
The layout is a bit untidy but am sure it wont stop you from enjoying!

1) Me - working

2) The coffee shop where we eat lunch - they have a great buffet!! Lunch is 2000 Francs (divide by 7.5 to get in Ksh)Its my only good meal each day because the hotel serves boiled food and awful breakfast and did I tell you they serve tea with powder milk (NIDO) , infact the brand NIDO is synonymous with milk. (things we take for granted) Restaurants rarely serve milk from cows. That doesn't sound right...

3) Hilly city

4)The hotel (motel) - City Valley




5)10 o'clock tea
6 & 7) 10 o'clock photo shoot (In Rwanda, people hug even after seeing you after 3 hours so I guess my colleague had adapted
8) Me again
9) My colleague - dazed...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home