Friday, February 17, 2006

Random thoughts

Its 10:20 pm and i am at a clients office making minor changes to a site
I am maintaining.
This has been one rollercoaster week.

The week began when on Monday, I declined a job I was interviewed for at
a certain firm.
Between Tuesday and Friday I have recieved offers for
some projects( 3 actually) and this is in a addition to
Project X (which I will blog about soon). I have accepted
two of the jobs, 1 is the one I am currently working on.
Its a nickle and dime job but it is money I may need.
The second is a job I should never have taken because
I dont have the time. Its a friend who has sub contracted
a job and now we are behind schedule. The pressure is on
and finally I told him I wont be able to do it - no point doing
something if you wont do a good job - what was I thinking!
Its one of those things you agree to because you dont want
to let someone down ....its not happening again.

Work has been the usual, busy busy busy and my replacement
comes in on Monday and I was told to write down the
procedure of how I will induct him - during what time! I am
swamped.
I really pity my replacement. He has less than 2wks
to learn the ropes and since I havent written the procedure to
induct him, his induction may not be very structured.

There was no point to this blog, only to connect my previous blogs
and the following blogs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home