Among firsts?
After days of procrastination and forgetfulness, I had to send an email to the Individual who interviewed me for the 2nd interview. I was under the impression that my notice of leave is 2 weeks. I confirmed over the weekend that it is 1 month.
So I sent an email explaining the mistake.
He replies the same morning and says that the selection process was finished and that I was unsuccessful.
The same afternoon I find out that the position was taken by a fomer classmate in campus. Well I was happy for him. He was qualified and he is a reallly nice chap though my first reaction was a pang of jealousy.
Well I wrote back and thanked him and asked to be considered for any future posts.
The next day , the Mobile Company call and ask when I will be coming in for my interview.
I reply and say next Wednesday (1rst Feb).
Well I better start reading for that java practical then....
So I sent an email explaining the mistake.
He replies the same morning and says that the selection process was finished and that I was unsuccessful.
The same afternoon I find out that the position was taken by a fomer classmate in campus. Well I was happy for him. He was qualified and he is a reallly nice chap though my first reaction was a pang of jealousy.
Well I wrote back and thanked him and asked to be considered for any future posts.
The next day , the Mobile Company call and ask when I will be coming in for my interview.
I reply and say next Wednesday (1rst Feb).
Well I better start reading for that java practical then....

3 Comments:
I've also got an email asking when I'd be available to go for the practical. Seeing as I've just come from 3 days leave, I'll ask if I can do it the week starting Feb 6th. That may be too far. Well. We'll see. In the meantime, I have swing tutorials to read. I also realised I don't know how to get input to a java app. Must be System.in.something!
Its saturday 19:18 and i am in the office downloading the J2SEE and reading tutorials and i am feeling frantic, their e-mail said the practical would take about 1 hour!!!
1 hour!
You've seen the practicals that our company gives, they last 15-30min at most (I think)...
Why 1 hour?
Anyway, I will try and my basics right.
Consolation: I will give you tips i go for it on wednesday the 1st.
That would be nice. I sent them an email telling them I could do it on Feb 2nd, seeing as I won't be able to take leave next week. Philosopha, my deskie, is a Java guru.
Post a Comment
<< Home