Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Stop and Think!

Have you noticed how busy everyone is (or appears to be)? Something isn't right with this picture.
People's day's start at 5am and end at say 11pm, work, school, traffic, evening classes and God knows what else, the list is endless. But the thing is people are always busy.

People fill their lives with all manner of 'important' things, people don't have time to STOP and THINK. Time to introspect, because it is after such periods we really know what is important in life, what really adds value to our lives and makes us truly happy.I think that is why God gave the law of the sabbath to the Israelites - a day of complete rest and to think and meditate on spiritual matters.

So we all go about rushing through our lives, week's passing, month's passing and eventually years fly past and we really cant account for what we have done with our lives - yet we were very busy.
Yes, you could say you have some money to show for it, or a nice car or big house, or whatever else,but are those the things that you will be thinking about when your own your death bed, or make you truly happy and satisfied? I don't think so.

The world has become such that, there is so much to do, so little time, so there is no time to think, meditate, chill.
Reminds me of a concept we learnt in school known as 'busy waiting' where a process continually checks if a condition is true until it becomes true. The process is busy, but it's actually doing nothing.

I was thinking (no pun intended), a quality of successful people, is they step back, every so often, daily in fact, to just think or mediate. Case in point was Jesus, no matter how busy he was, he always found time to be alone everyday.I think it's important.

If everyone just took some time to meditate, to just stop running around! It will raise our level of consciousness, we become more aware of what is important , how to improve ,what makes sense and what really makes us happy.

I took some time to think and realised I need to do it more often, weekly or I will get lost in a very literal rat race.

1 Comments:

Blogger mistyque said...

geez!!wen u thnk bwt t,t axly is true...bt we dnt realise wev let it happen coz we get so caught up in the bustle..some1 once described busy as; Busy
Under
Satan's
Yoke.
The magnitude of truth in that statement is amazing.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home