Monday, January 09, 2006

Excited!

Ok its been a while since I blogged.
Its a result of procrastination, which isnt an excuse. There was alot to write(blog) home about during the past
month, some of which i promise to blog about sometime in the near future.

Anyway, I have been sending my CV all over the place, wishing , hoping that somebody would get
back to me.
At last, a silver lining in the big dark cloud!
A fellow from a company that provides value-added SMS services to cellular provider called me.
Whats exciting is that I could get the chance to work with what really gets me charged... open
source stuff (mainly becuase thats what I have used most) and get to go back to using *nix
OS's. I dont know why I am excited.

This is despite the fact that there is a possibilty that the pay may be slightly less than I am getting now
but that is just a possiblity.

My work has become drugdery, I may be do challenging work but I just dont feel excited,
the humph (a word i have coined) that used to get me rushing out of bed on a Monday morning is sorely
missing, the curious, investigative side of me is dead...

Ok let me come down from cloud 9.

Anyway, I have alot of reading to do before the interview. I will call the fellow to arrange
for an interview. It has to be on a Wednesday because thats when I dress formally to work so
it wont raise too many eye brows.

Watch this space for more!

2 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Humph: Used to express doubt, displeasure, or contempt. - One of the reasons I LOVE firefox. I just ctrl+c, ctrl+k, ctrl+v, Enter and voila! I don't even have to look up![So no, you didn't coin a new word]

Anyway, I've been waiting on your blog for ages. Good to finally find a new post, and about good news. We all know about excitement, or lack of it, when it comes to a job. I was and still am willing to take a pay cut to get my enthusiasm back.

I have thought of going for interviews the way I dress for work, so as "not to raise suspicion", but who cares.

I wish you all the best of luck, and as I've told many ics graduates, "If they don't hire you, who will they hire?".

11:41 AM  
Blogger Athena said...

LOL! I stand very corrected!
Thanks for the good wishes. Right back at you.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home