Lunch with the boss
today i have lunch with my manager...this could be
a result of two incidents (which both happened
on the same day)
last week on a day i cant remember she came to my desk and she
found some applications and Cv''s open. they were minimised
but she could see on the status bar the title of the
documents...when she asked "your planning to leave us?"
i calmly replied, "they are not mine" and proceeded to
move on to the task at hand...
on the same day, we happened to be in the same lift when
going for lunch and she noticed that i was alone
and she may have felt pity for me (since my workmates usually
go for lunch together)
This weekend i had "me- time",time to be myself and think (a luxury!)
I had a chance to muse over my job and i think i have most of my
resignation letter figured out... i am sending out 2 applications today
hope that goes well...
I dont see any point of letting my concerns known to my manager, she
doesnt yield alot of power so i dont see the point... and anyway i have
made up my mind..as long as my personal goals and that of the company
will never coincide...we might as well part ways.
whatever happens today...watch this space!
a result of two incidents (which both happened
on the same day)
last week on a day i cant remember she came to my desk and she
found some applications and Cv''s open. they were minimised
but she could see on the status bar the title of the
documents...when she asked "your planning to leave us?"
i calmly replied, "they are not mine" and proceeded to
move on to the task at hand...
on the same day, we happened to be in the same lift when
going for lunch and she noticed that i was alone
and she may have felt pity for me (since my workmates usually
go for lunch together)
This weekend i had "me- time",time to be myself and think (a luxury!)
I had a chance to muse over my job and i think i have most of my
resignation letter figured out... i am sending out 2 applications today
hope that goes well...
I dont see any point of letting my concerns known to my manager, she
doesnt yield alot of power so i dont see the point... and anyway i have
made up my mind..as long as my personal goals and that of the company
will never coincide...we might as well part ways.
whatever happens today...watch this space!

1 Comments:
You go girl. Unlike you, I haven't sent out applications yet, or thought about my resignation letter. I'm a hopeless procrastinator. Have been all my life. Held in the clutches of indecision.
I wake up one day and am all jovial and optimistic about life, I forget about my intentions of quitting. Then on a day like today, when people are looking at me asking me "what's wrong with this?". "Why is it doing this?". "Si this is a bug?". The depression and anger come flooding back. Things are so personal here, if something doesn't work, you are crucified. I like flaws being detected and criticisms of my work, but it's the spirit and tone in which this is done that just makes me want to let out a mighty yell. Jericho style.
I should have sent out a couple of applications by the end of the day tomorrow. At least.
Post a Comment
<< Home