Friday, October 21, 2005

this is my debut post
they say a blog like a diary fulfills a fundamental human desire - self-expression. It allows us to reflect on the events that shape our lives, reading past events helps us to re-live them.
Well, as i begin what i hope will be a regular and life-long habit of blogging, I hope that I will get to know my self better and as others peer into my mind help me to do so also.

Today i will touch on a matter that has been weighing heavily on my mind and heart for a few weeks..and that is the issue of work...

I am very unhappy at my place of employment.Its not the work that bothers me, nay, it is the enviromnent, the bootlickers, the pressure to perform under the most unreasonable of deadlines , the time my work is eating from other parts of my life-that especially sickens me especially when i can do nothing about it...
I hate the fact that I am not growing as a person, both professionally or otherwise.I reach home unhappy and soooo tired...
Why do we work...Personally I am a software developer...my work schedule is determined by the deadlines that have been set up by those above me who have never written a single line of code in their lives so they have no idea how to plan software projects taking most (cause you cant consider everything) things into account...So that means I spend alot of evenings at work..
What was my point..
We work for the feeling of ..i forget the word..self-actualization /satisfaction /worth (because even those with money feel the need to do some kind of work and Adam too worked...)
If your job leaves you wondering whether the money is worth it (as little as it may be), are my late nights, missed
rendevous (both male and female) missed opportunities (because if I am not improving professionally meaning I persist in the same state...not improving) and whatever else I am compromising(family life,etc) ,sleep...expendable...

I would like to quote Words inscribed on the gates of Dachau concentration camp, 1933 and i quote "Work liberates".

How many can really testify to that? I will , very soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home